Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December... thoughts

So today is December 2nd and last night my DH and I were thinking about all the wonderful times we have gone through before our marriage. It was really fun remembering the days in college when we didn't really have to worry about anything... it was just work and school and then hanging out with friends when we could. It's crazy to think about how much could happen in one year... it is almost exciting!! Our favorite thing is doing something new for the first time together... This year we went shopping on Black Friday. I have never done that before and we both woke up at 3:30am thinking, are we really doing this?! As soon as the alarm went off PJ said, "it's so early!" So I replied with, "are you really going to complain right now?" and he confirmed, "no, but I really want to." It was the funniest thing because I wanted to complain too but we both knew it was something we had to do if we wanted to buy a new camera and video camera for our new addition to the family. Shopping at Walmart and Target at 5am was actually ok... we got everything we went there for and then some and no one got hurt... It's things like this that makes me think about how much fun we had together already and how much we have for the upcoming years. I am so happy with my new life and I can't wait to explore new things with my best friend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww sappy stuff yuck! lol jk

Sherry said...

Glad you were able to score some deals. You are braver than I. =]

SavedbyGrace said...

See, I knew at least one of my sisters and to be my kindred shopping partner. I LOVE black friday. I didn't get up as early as you did but I didn't really have much to buy either. I love reading about you and PJ. It helps me to get to know him more. I'm really excited about being there for baby JP. Love you sis.