Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Choose Joy #13... mom

Tuesdays are so busy for me. Work at BBW, drive an hour to Bethel and go to cheer practice, then visit the parents for 1 1/2 hours, back to Bethel for a basketball game, drive home at 9pm and eat dinner around 10pm. Thursdays are usually just the same and it is so hard to figure out what my joy is on those days. Most times I am in a routine and I feel as if I am on auto pilot. I have to remember that even then, I can find joy in something. Today was hard, but I found joy in talking with my mother. We used to fight so much and we still do once in a while, but now that I am gone, I think she is more understanding and actually takes the time to listen to my thoughts. She really is the most amazing lady I have met in my life and I am lucky enough to have her as a mother. She brings joy to my life and even though she doesn't always say the right things, she means well... then makes up for it with her good cooking! =) I love her and I am so glad she is still with me and so close... when was the last time you called your mom to just talk and see how she is doing? It is nice once you do it. Plus, it makes her feel good inside to know you are thinking about her! =)

No comments: