Saturday, December 6, 2008

Choose Joy #4

Today I had a fun trip to the Christmas store with my mother-in-law and my husband... then, it was a rough day. I felt like I was getting sick and tired and I felt like crap. I couldn't fit into anything and I had to find something to wear to my DH's Christmas work party. I got so mad because I couldn't find something I looked "adorable" in due to getting larger... I tried to talk my DH into taking me to the mall and finding something new but he didn't want to spend any money. I was so irritated and just put on 1 out of 2 pairs of jeans I could fit into and a shirt that was flowy. I was uncomfortable but didn't complain and went to the Christmas party. It was nice because his boss happens to be his uncle and his grandma is the payroll lady, so I had someone to talk to besides PJ. Turns out, we won $200 because we each got to pick an envelope from the Christmas tree from the two owners of the company. Even though $100 was the minimum in each envelope, we were both greatful that we had an extra $200 to spend towards Christmas presents. So even though the day was up and down, I realized that I do have it good in life and I need to choose joy no matter what type of day I am having... because it could always be worse. Thank you God for the life you have given us.

No comments: