Saturday, December 20, 2008

Choose Joy #17...game night!

So technically it is still December 20th because I just finished game night with my family. My SIL and her BF came over from Spokane, which was a miracle because the snow is horrific on the roads. We drove the Burb around and had the sled and snowboard connected to the back and took turns riding around the neighborhood. I had so much fun with the family and my FIL's sister and husband came to sled as well. That was a great time that led to more fun. We came in around 9:45pm and had hot chocolate and spiced cider while we talked about what else to do. They rented Hancock and everyone wanted to watch it. I said lets play games instead because a movie will put us to sleep and we could watch that tomorrow while we are snowed-in. So Pictionary was brought out!! We just finished playing that from 10pm to 12:50am!! It was so much fun because their family is EXTREMELY competitive! I am not so much... but the man I am married to, that is a different story. He yelled so loud out of joy that I fell out of my seat! There was even a point when my MIL would be looking at the other teams' picture instead of her teammate (her husband) and he looked up and said, "honey, what are you doing?! my picture is here!!" It was so funny because that is how competitive they get with each other. All in all, we lost, but we had such a great time and now we have some awesome stories to give to our children! The point is, we had fun and even in this cold, no-work weather, we are able to find joy and happiness in each other. When you are down, look to the one next to you for happiness and I bet you will find it!

1 comment:

SavedbyGrace said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I'm glad that you get along with the in-laws. It really helps to feel like you fit in with the family Ya know? I love you!