Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am Thankful for...


I am thankful for my freedom of religion. I had such a good day at church today and I loved the message. Lamentations 3:22-23~ Great is Thy Faithfulness. It was such a blessing to hear about how God will always be faithful to us even when we are faithless. One thing that I thought was funny was a little thing said in church today...

"If all of our thoughts were recorded throughout the week and the played back in church on Sunday, would we change churches?!"

haha... I don't know how much of a reality check that is for some, but for my husband and I, that was a big one. So many times I think things like, "ahhhh this stupid person, get out of my way" when I am driving on the road... or when I get in a fight with a loved one... I am going to try and think about my thoughts and make sure that it is clear because the Pastor ended the story with...

"God hears and knows ALL our thoughts."

This is so true... so be faithful and have a steadfast heart for God... this was my lesson today and I am truly greatful to have the freedom to learn about my Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

Ahhh Yes God's faithfulness. What so many miss though is the fact that God is not bound by His promises when one chooses their own will over Gods. Thus, the importance of staying in the center of God's Will. Not to mention the fact that we do not want to disappoint Him because we love Him. Great Post, I like what the preacher said about would you change churches. Are you going to one there in Olympia?

Sherry said...

Great post Tab. Really good thoughts to mull over. What church is in the picture?

Cee ♥ said...

I am in love with this post, and so proud of you - wow. What a great reminder for us all. God is amazing, isn't He?