Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Challenges

So yesterday I decided to take a trip up to Seattle to visit my college roomie Kate. However, she did not live in Seattle, she lives in Kenmore, which is way up north farther than Seattle. Actually, it wasn't even near Seattle! haha, but yes, I went to visit her and we went out to lunch and i saw her apartment. It was great to see her because I haven't seen her since my wedding. We were finally able to catch up on everything! After she went to work I drove up to Snohomish because that is where my husband lives during the week for work. I thought it was 10 minutes away from Kenmore but found out it was bout 40 minutes away!!! I nearly died from having to go to the bathroom so bad and a numb butt from driving the whole day! I thought it was crazy that he lives all the way out in the middle of no where!!! When I knocked on the door he was SO happy to see me and gave me the biggest hug. I told him he was crazy for driving down so far every weekend and wanted to drive down at least once during the week. It made me notice how much he really does love me and cares for me so much. I wish so badly that he could get a job closer to my job so we could live together everyday. I mean, we are married right?! He works hard days doing concrete labor from 5:30am to at least 3 or 4pm everyday. In December he will be receiving full benefits for medical and dental so he is staying with that job for a little longer. His biggest dream is to make enough money to put a down payment on a house for us because he doesn't want to waste money on an apartment. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the selfless husband I have. He knows that he has to grow up and take responsibility for his family now and he is doing such a great job. I feel bad because I always get on him about the petty stuff... don't leave dirty socks in the bed, pick your wet towel up and hang it in the right spot, don't lay down when you are eating (you kicking you blessings!) as my mom would like to put it, and so on... but what does he say to me when I later apologize for nagging on him? He tells me, babe don't worry about saying sorry, I know I have things to learn and I love you for teaching me new things. How could someone just say that instead of getting mad or make me feel guilty about it? Not him, my husband is so wonderful to me and even though I know we have challenges in our life, we are both doing what we can to make it through and I appreciate him and all his hard work. I love that man and I am so happy we have someone on the way to share our lives with!!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. – Galatians 6:9

"While he did have faith and passion he had many challenges to overcome. It was not an easy ride to success, but his through his faith and a passion he did make it." Catherine Pulsifer, from Yanni in Words

"Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character." Author Unknown, from Be Thankful

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

It's those little annoying things that you will learn to love and appreciate. I always laugh because Miguel will hang his clothes on hangers and then hang them up on the ironing board, which is right in front of his closet!!! I don't understand why he does this, but when I see it, I just grab them and stick in his closet for him. He always tells me thanks for doing that and it makes me feel good. One day he may be taken from me and I'll miss those little annoying habits. So I'm cherishing them now.

Sherry said...

Wow, leave it to Esther to get all deep. Made me cry right now. She's right. After all of the loss I've seen lately, I think it's great advice. =]