Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting to know me... CHRISTmas Edition...

I got tagged by Sherry..read to the end to see if you've been tagged by me!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like both, but gift bags are easiest for me unless I am shipping it to relatives... then, wrapping paper!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Dad says ALWAYS real trees... but at my in-laws, it's fake and at home, it's real!
3. When do you put up the tree? I wish it was ASAP after Thanksgiving, but my dad normally has time the day before Chirstmas Eve... lol hopefully when I get my own house it will be up on Thanksgiving! =) I love Christmas trees...
4. When do you take the tree down? I think it is best in January but I remember having it up until Easter one year... I love my daddy!
5. Do you like eggnog? I never tried it... too afraid because I hate milk... maybe this year-the one that is non-alcoholic... thanks sherry!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Super Nintendo!! It was so awesome! My dad tried to spoil us as much as he could... that's why he is the BEST dad in the whole world!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad... he will love anything I get him, but I wish I could get him something he really wanted, yes, like a facet machine!
8. Easiest person to buy for? DEBORAH-she takes anything cute and usable! That's why her gift is already done! =)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, I wish... =(
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It was at a Cheer Exchange my senior year... she bought a cheer charm and a silver charm bracelet that I saw at the $1 store right next to our school. The charm fell off the first day I put it on. =( I mean, at least try... I went all out with my gift!!!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In June from Bath and Body Works and then November and through December... hopefully!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I either return it or use it some how.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Candy Yams and my dad's Candy Corn. I like sweet things, what can I say!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes. I love lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells and the whole Michael W. Smith "Christmas" cd... when we traveled to California for Christmas my dad would have this cd in the player the WHOLE way there and never took it out. I know ever song in order!! My favorite part is listening to my daddy sing all the songs though!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We have traveled at Christmas...very long drives to California, but anywhere with family is best for me no matter where it is! ;]
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? oh great question... ummm, I just tried, maybe not all of them... there are 9 right? haha
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have had the same melted angel on our tree from Germany but about 10 years ago my mom brought a beautiful angel from her store so now we have both angels up there...
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We always try at least one present on Christmas Eve but everything else in the morning... after stockings of course and we can't touch anything until everyone is there... mom is usually the one who comes last just to make us wait longer...=)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Cranky customers at the mall who treat you like crap because you won't give them some secret deal that no one seems to know about except for them... I don't like cheap people...especially when they are negative around this time of year.
23. What theme or color are you using? Christmas colors!!!!!!!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Anything my mom and dad makes... dad loves making the turkey.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Probably gift cards to Babies R Us and Target to get some baby stuff... but for me, I am not quite sure... Gas cards so my DH can come home to me EVERY day. =)
Okay...I am going to tag: Deborah and Esther...they are the only people I know on here... besides Sherry and Hannah but they are tagged already!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Love it. Oh, I have only had dad's candy corn once. I need the recipe!