Friday, March 9, 2012

Psalms 73

Yes, while reading Psalms 19-22 I just stopped at the end of 22 and flipped to chapter 73 to read for some reason. As I was reading it, my heart just dropped. Verses 21-28 really got to me.
21Thus my heart was grieved, and I was vexed in my mind.
22So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
23Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
24Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
26My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
27For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
28But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

Why is it so difficult to put trust in God? Is it because we can't feel him physically? Is that why I have a hard time? Why can't I have that relationship that my mom always talks about? Lord, help me to reach out to you.

1 comment:

SavedbyGrace said...

mom always talks about trusting God but fails in many ways to do so, that's why she worries so much. we all fail in trusting Him. It's because we are weak and prideful often depending on ourselves to change things.