Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love... My sister Deborah



Deborah... oh how she doesn't understand pregnant women! I went to visit her and we decided to go to Seattle. Who knew this was going to be a marathon trip... I should have known when Deb and Clint always walk everywhere together! So, the first thing we have to do is catch the ferry... Deb said maybe we shouldn't walk to the ferry and just pay for parking. After we got to the ferry I was VERY thankful we didn't walk from her apartment. We rode the ferry for one hour to Seattle and saw the beautiful view on the water. It was a fun ride and a great time to hang out with Deborah and talk about all kinds of things. We got to Seattle around 1:30pm and wow... I forgot how to walk... I used to be able to walk everyone because of all the hills in Pullman. These hills were no joke, especially for a pregnant woman!!! We went to Pike Place and explored, walked up the hills to the big mall and checked out some of the stores there... then it was time for lunch! I had to sit down because I thought my legs were going to fall off... after lunch at "Mexico" we went to Nordstroms and the Rack... I had to find my DH a valentine's present for under $20. That was the hardest thing in the world!!! Deborah gave me great ideas and stuck with me to try and find just what I wanted. We really wanted to find one certain thing but couldn't find it anywhere!! It was 6:15pm and the ferry came at 6:45pm so we had to get back... my friend told me there was a bus we could ride to the ferry but NO... Deb wanted to walk... "it's not that far Tabitha, come on!!" She is crazy I tell you... On the way back we passed a store that was closed and had multiple styles of the one thing I wanted to get for my DH!! We were bummed we missed it on our way up!

Deb and I got to the ferry and had a fun talk on the way back... there was even a point where we were dying laughing because I told her a story and ended up saying my roots in my teeth that are connected to my ears... I don't know how it came out but we were laughing soooooo hard! Deborah was concerned because she thought my teeth issue was more serious then she had thought! lol It was a great ride... then we remember we had to walk back to the car. That was scary because of the dark alleys and I prayed Deborah remembered where she parked.

We got home safely, watched a movie and ate dinner and then Deb thought it would be nice if we worked on the dance routine for my cheerleaders. This is why I love my sister. I have just walked all over town with her and now that it is around 10pm she wants me to dance with her. Is she crazy?!! Yes, yes she is... because she got mad at me when I said I was tired and my legs were going to fall off. We finally went to bed and when we woke up she made me dance with her... that funny girl!! She ended up coming to cheer practice and helping me teach the girls a routine for their pep assembly performance and really helped me out! I love her to death and I am so happy I have such a giving sister like her!! What fun times we have together.

Sherry, I apologize for asking you to come to my classes in Pullman when you were pregnant. Kudos for you because I KNOW you had to have been dying going up all the hills. I am sorry for not understanding your pain!!! =) I love you...

3 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

What an awesome post! I'm so jealous, I wish I were with you guys. but then again, I would have been carrying a 20 lbs baby. LOL

Traci said...

This post just cracked me up. I'm always pregnant in the winter it seems, so my problem is trying to marathon Christmas shop while having swollen ankles and a big belly.

You girls make me wish I had sisters..

Sherry said...

I fogive you! LOL I felt good, but yeah...getting to and over that bridge. Ugh. Could your pics have been any smaller? LOL Happy for you two!