Thursday, January 29, 2009

worst week... great day... what's next?

My car is dead... really dead... it wouldn't start and my DH and I tried figuring out what is wrong. When we couldn't figure it out my father came to Olympia to try and see if he knew what it was... he had no clue. This is the first time my dad didn't know what to do with my car. =( Monday I had a Dr. appt. and my FIL said I could borrow his eclipse. So I drove the eclipse and as I was trying to enter the on ramp to the highway, it went into neutral and wouldn't go... I tried pulling off to the side as much as I could but it was still in the middle of the road. I turned on my emergency flashers and called my FIL right away. It was so scary because people were speeding past me. I am no idiot when it comes to cars... my dad has taught me a lot about cars and what sounds means what problems, but this was a new one. The car started just fine and I could move the shifter, but it would stay in neutral as if it was stuck. I just broke down crying because this is the second car that broke on me. I didn't understand. So my FIL's father came and picked me up and dropped me off at my Dr. appt. I thought it was really nice of him to do that because he doesn't speak good English so we never really talk (or understand eachother) but it was still nice of him.

After the vehicle incident I was at my appt. Come to find out my Dr. wants me on bed rest and drinking lots of liquids. My ultrasound showed that my placenta isn't big enough to produce the amount of nutrients for baby JP. They couldn't find his Right Kidney and his Left Kidney is measuring smaller than it is suppose to. She said we can't do anything about it right now except watch it and tell the Pediatritian when he is born. This did not help my day at all.

That night PJ and I had to toe my car from Olympia to Spanaway. We had to take Yelm Highway because it is not allowed to be on I-5... we both have never toed vehicles before. I did not realize it was going to be an ice box in there and the windshield would be fogged up the entire time. Not to mention I was scared out of my wits to be behind PJ's big suburban being pulled all over. The corners were scary and my stomach was tense and my back was so sore. It turned out to be an hour and a half drive... Of course, right before we get to Roy the toe strap snaps from all the jerking and we have to pull over. Did I mention this is at 10pm and it is freezing?! This was definitely the worst day ever... PJ and I were trying to stay calm but were so frustrated communicating between eachother on our blue tooths... by the time we got to my parents house we were upset with eachother and I just wanted to go to bed...

Finally, Tuesday was cheer practice and a basketball game and I had to go to both because my JV coach was at the dr. with a sinus infection and strep throat. It was the perfect next day. ha!!

So Wednesday I was able to make my appt. to Gene Juarez because my dear friend Elizabeth bought me a spa gift card for my bridal shower gift. Who knew there was $240 enough for the maternity spa package!!! I love that girl so much and knew this was the perfect time to use it! I got the Vichy Shower, a maternity massage and an express pedicure. I went in at noon and was done around 3:45pm. It was exactly what I needed!!! The Vichy shower was amazing. I laid on this bed and was propted up on all these different pillows. Michael put exfoliants all over my body and rubbed it in and then I was showered off by 12 nozzles of water that was above me. I had big soft towels covering my top and bikini area and my face... it was like a pressure wash and my skin was so soft afterwards. Then came the massage and I thought it was going to be hard because I had to lay on my side. It was better than I could have ever imagine!! Topped off by a nice pedicure that made my feet feel relaxed and refreshed. It was a perfect day to help my week.

I know that things will happen and troubles will come my way but never did I think it would come all at once. I am keeping my head up and trying to rest and drink as much as I can... my baby shower is this Saturday and I have a medical test Friday and my ultrasound on Monday so we will find out how Julius is doing. Please pray for us... I know that God will take care of us no matter what... Ok, just had to get it all out... stress, express, and let it go! =)

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh Tab, I am so sorry to read all that seems to be going wrong. I am and will definitely be praying for you all and especially JP. Sounds like you got an AWESOME day at the spa. Love you.

SavedbyGrace said...

why didn't you call me and tell me about your appointment? I'll be praying and you better take it easy. and don't you know it is illegal to be in the car while it is being towed? Yes illegal and not safe for a pregnant mom. (I just cyber slapped PJ for allowing this)
I hope you had a good baby shower, and like my gifts.
your spa sounded awesome. when I had mine I got to lay on my stomach!! I had a huge specialty pillow. it was nice!

TrulyBlessed said...

nice esther... it was PJ and Dad's idea to toe it like that... i was slap both of them for you though. =)