Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mom and her Acupuncture


Waiting in the office on the heating pad... "why only take my socks and shoes off?" -mom

So last week I was able to spend time with mom since my car broke down while being in Spanaway. It was nice because I got to relax and help mom feel better when she had to go get her acupuncture. My mom has a disk in her back that is slipping and it is really hurting her. Therefore, she thought it would be a good idea to get acupuncture at the "Korean Hherb hospital" according to her (emphysis on the HH) we waited for at least a half an hour and when the dr. came in he put a little tiny square sticker on her finger and toe. She started saying, "a po, a po, a po!!" It was the funniest thing in the world because the dr. kept telling her, no no no it doesn't hurt but she definately told him it did... So yes, he took the stickers out of her toe and finger... then she made an appointment to get her back done... she has done this before but she forgot. I remembered that I went with her before so I knew what they were going to do... they used a needle that looked like a clicky pen and poked all these holes in a circle, then they put the cups on and it drains all this blood. It is crazy... so here is what it looks like afterwards.... ta da, the finish product...
I hope it helps her... if not, she has to get back surgery and she does NOT want to do that! Please pray for her...

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

poor thing. if i remember correctly this didn't do anything but put her in pain last time. acupuncture helps with some things but not with a slipped disc.

Sherry said...

Oh, my goodness. Did it help? I can just hear her in there right now. LOL Poor mommy.